Saturday, May 14, 2011

The War Lover (1962)

What a a huge relief! After sitting through three horrible Steve McQueen movies in a row over the past few months (they weren't even worthy of being blogged), I finally made it to another great one! I am remembering once again why I set out on a quest to watch all his movies.

The War Lover stars McQueen, Robert Wagner and Shirley Anne Field. McQueen plays Captain Buzz Rickson, who is a cooler version of Maverick (Tom Cruise) on Top Gun. McQueen is the King of Cool, and it shows in this movie. He can make any tough guy role look even tougher.

This movie is also about B17 bombers and the role they played in WW2. I love the combat filming. A lot of work went into filming this movie and making it look realistically given the technology they had in 1962.

Although I did not care for the last 3 minutes of this movie- this is still a 4 star movie for me. I cannot find a trailer on Youtube, but I noticed the entire movie is on Youtube but in sections.

No comments: