Sunday, May 1, 2011

Gnomeo and Juliet (2011)

I am not sure how many versions of Romeo and Juliet I have seen, so I was not thrilled when Millie told me that we were taking the kids to see this movie for family movie night (normally we rent movies for this activity, but they did extra chores to warrant the night out). We went to the $3.00 movies so I figured it was not that big of a loss.

With all of that being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie from start to finish. There were plenty of funny references for the kids and adults alike. I especially loved the use of Elton John music throughout (he was the executive producer), and the subtle references to other movies such as The Graduate, and Brokeback Mountain.

As cartoons go this was enjoyable 4 out of 5. This will not make my top list, but I will stop and watch it if it is ever on TV.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

Way to go along with the family. What do you mean there was a reference to Brokeback, I am scared that you have seen that movie.