Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pot o' Gold (1941)

Pot o’ Gold is a family friendly musical featuring James Stewart. Jimmy Haskell runs a failing music store, and is offered a comfortable job working in his uncle’s food factory. Reluctantly he takes the offer of his uncle, but before he can get there he befriends his uncle’s worst enemies. Soon it turns into a cat and mouse chase, while trying to avoid being found out by his uncle.

The Irish family of which Jimmy is now friends loves to play and sing music, which irritates his uncle immensely. I enjoyed the simplicity of the movie. It felt like You Can’t Take It With You. This will not make my list, but I will give it a 4 out of 5 for pure simple enjoyment (This movie is not sophisticated).

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

I just added it to my instant queue.