Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010)

I am not a large Nicolas Cage fan so I was not anxious to see this movie. Now I feel bad that I made my children wait so long to see this good movie. Cage plays Balthazar Blake who was one of three apprentices of Merlin. One of those apprentices (Alfred Molina) turns against Merlin and conspires to kill him. To make a complicated story short Cage now has to find the heir to Merlin’s powers. For almost two thousand years he searched for that person. In 2000 he found Dave. Over time he started training Dave (played by Jay Baruchel – Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon).

Disney threw a bone to the original Mickey Mouse Sorcerer’s Apprentice, which turned out to be entertaining. The graphics were good and the story was entertaining. I was surprised to see a murder in this movie, but it was so brief I am not sure that my kids noticed. I give this a 3 out of 5.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

I will let my kids watch it, thanks. How did your interview go?