Friday, May 6, 2011

Cape Fear (1962)

This is the original with Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum, not the remake with Robert De Niro (1991). As a side note, I was surprised that for a 1962 film it was black and white.

This is a great movie, I give it 4.5 stars. My wife and I both liked it. This is a thriller, edge of your seat movie, and it is even better than some of Hitchcock's best films, although Hitchcock did not make this movie, it is similar to his type of movie.

Mitchum stole the show with his performance. I was also impressed with Lori Martin's performance, and the 10 year old girl. I was surprised to find out after reading about her on IMDB, that she never turned into a movie star as an adult. This film is well worth your time and may even make it on my top 100. I am still thinking about it.

No comments: