Thursday, March 31, 2011

Steelyard Blues (1973)

Netflix is showing "long wait" for my top 4 movies, so I got sent the 5th movie on my list which was Steelyard Blues staring Jane Fonda, Peter Boyle (R.I.P.), Donald Sutherland & Howard Hesseman. 1.5 stars. It is a comedy with A LOT of slow parts mixed in. I did laugh out loud at some of the scenes with Boyle. The plot is simple- a bunch of losers get together to try and build an airplane so that they can fly away and leave society- leave the police, structure, humanity all together. Sutherland is the queen bee of the group and he is in love with a prostitute (Fonda). Boyle (the grandpa in everybody loves Raymond) is a self proclaimed nut who just got out of the psych ward and once worked for the circus. He has an identify crisis and dresses up as a different person in different scenes. If it wasn't for his role this would have got a turkey rating from me. Dumb. The music was cool though, it sounded like the music people made when they were on acid.

No comments: