Friday, March 4, 2011

An Affair To Remember (1957)

This movie has a lot to offer. Cary Grant makes everything look easy in a movie. He is graceful and doesn't waste any motion. The casting of Deborah Kerr as the lead in this movie is the only thing stopping me from putting this movie in my top 100 list. For the time period this movie was made I think someone like Julia Andrews would have been better. The role required someone with a voice, sophisticated, and pretty. I just couldn't get into Deborah's take on this role for some reason. I love the parity and contrasts in this movie. The ultimate player meets his match. Grant has to become a real person in order to win the love of the one he loves. He learns how to work for a living. The ending is great. I really liked this movie.

No comments: