Monday, March 28, 2011

Lonesome Dove (1989)

Please forgive me for this one, as it is a T.V. mini-series, but I am going to consider it a movie! Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones are two semi-retired Texas Rangers now ranchers living on the Rio Grande in a fart of a town Lonesome Dove. Jake Spoon(played by Robert Urich) tells them of all of the unsettled land up in the Montana territory, so they decide to take their herd up there to settle. This movie has smoking, tobacco use, whores, drinking, fighting, murder, unseen rape, swearing, theft, grand theft, and violence. More importantly though, it has horses, ranching, cattle, whores, and cowboys. This was a good movie to watch and enjoy. When watching it, just take into account the era of when it was made, computer or animated graphic were still in infancy, but they were trying so just laugh and move on. Robert Duvall was great in this movie, thus cementing my opinion on him being my favorite actor. This will not make my top 100 list due to me being torn on the fact as to whether or not this is a movie, but if it is on T.V. I will stop and watch it for a spell.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

I watched this series several years ago, it is fantastic. Thanks for the trailer it brought back memories. Duvall is a fantastic actor.