Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hud (1963)

I am fairly numb about this film, because it did nothing for me in the form of entertainment. Paul Newman was good, as usual, but the rest of the cast felt very two dimensional even though two of them won Oscars for their portrayals. I would rather watch Giant before I see this one again. The dark emotions that were underlying in this film were not desirable and were even predictable. Many people believe this is the best black and white film ever but I felt it was very flat. 2 out of 5 for me. Sorry :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That doesn't bother me that you don't like it, I would rather have you be honest. I know I am not alone in my liking of this movie- it is Matthew McConahey's favorite movie for example, so other people do like it. Sorry I told you it was from the 40's, it is the 60's, and it really was upsetting to many people that the movie went to theatres even though it shows a villian as a hero. - By the way this Ryan but it is showing me as Jalen my daughters name because she is logged into gmail.