Monday, March 28, 2011

Jane Eyre (1943)

This classic novel has made it to the big screen many times. This version stars Orson Wells and Joan Fontaine (not her real name). I had to iron about 20 shirts last night so I watched this on instant netflix while I did some ironing. I was bored of it but did make it through the first 50 min, then gave up. Fontaine went on to win an Oscar in another film and is still alive today actually. I thought it was interesting that there is a character that plays a big part in the first 15 min of the movie, her name is Helen. I am looking at the actress and realized it was Elizabeth Taylor. I stopped the movie and went to IMDB, and sure enough it is Elizabeth Taylor when she was 11 years old. She wasn't even credited for the movie, in fact you won't see her name in the credits at all. Weird. It was amazing how it looked like her even at 11 years old. RIP Elizabeth Taylor, now I can say I saw one of your first movies!

No comments: