Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Next Three Days (2010)

It is difficult for me to give a movie only 3 stars when I can honestly say it kept my undivided attention for the entire film. My wife and I were tense through the whole movie, I didn't even want to stop the film to use the restroom.

There is nothing new about the script, we have seen many movies with the "Fugitive" type mentatlity or in other words an innocent person on the run type movie. But it still worked for me and I was totally sucked in.

Russell Crowe does well, I think that Elizabeth Banks could have done better in her role. Olivia Wilde, Daniel Stern (City Slickers) and Liam Neeson all have small roles.

I really enjoyed watching Russell Crowe as he took his character into someone that was concerned spouse, and then later in the movie really turning the character into a pyscopath.

What holds this movie back from being a 4 or 5 star flick is the lack of originality. Still enjoyable though. It is rated PG-13 for the F word used one time.

No comments: