Saturday, June 18, 2011

On Golden Pond (1981)

I watched this on your recommendation, and I hate you for it. I watched it on the computer in my kitchen, not knowing I would be crying by the end of the show. My wife asked me if I was becoming weak; thanks a lot Ryan.

This was probably the best screen chemistry I have ever witnessed between the two lead actors. Henry Fonda and Katharine Hepburn were made for each other. I was surprised to read that they had never worked together before and in fact had never met each other before the filming of the show. They were both deservant of the Oscars they won for these roles.

I was surprised with the rough language for the PG rating, but it felt very natural between Fonda and Hepburn. This movie felt like I was actually witnessing it, instead of just watching it. I especially loved the tension between Jane and Henry Fonda; I believe it was real.

This is a good, but gut wrenching watch. I loved it, but be prepared to cry.

No comments: