Friday, June 17, 2011

Don't Bother to Knock (1952)

I was completley blown away by this movie. I was expecting another MM 2.5 star 90 minute movie. That is what amazes me about her, once in awhile she will just completley stun me with her acting. THis is a 4 star movie. The director was able to work with a very unpredictable script for the viewer and the acting is perfect. Well done MM.

This is what Richard Windmark had to say about his time filming this movie with MM "Marilyn Monroe wanted to be this great star but acting just scared the hell out of her. That's why she was always late - couldn't get her on the set. She had trouble remembering lines. But none of it mattered. With a very few special people, something happens between the lens and the film that is pure magic. And she really had it."

This movie represents the film debut of Anne Bancroft, and you can tell she was ready for stardom, I was impressed with what she pulled off in her first movie at a young age of 20.

Don't read any reviews or watch any trailers. Just watch the movie and you will enojy the surprises better. I still can't believe how good this movie was for a MM movie.

No comments: