Friday, June 1, 2012

The Talk of the Town - 1942

What a fun show with great characters, great actors, great scripts. This one was nominated for 7 Oscars. I loved Jean Arthur in Mr. Smith goes to Washington, and she was just as good in this one. Cary Grant does his thing and is fun to watch. What I wasn't expecting is the refined and almost perfect performance put in my Ronald Coleman - who plays the professor. He was so good that I have added one of his other movies to my queue. I can't find a trailer for this movie on youtube. Nothing crazy- a simple story to follow yet the director weaves a bunch of different storylines together with small bit parts that actually makes the film work even better than just having the 3 main characters dominate the screen. 3.5 stars for me. A little slow at times or I would have given it 4 stars. I liked this movie. Just a lot of fun and laughs. The main message of the story is great too.

No comments: