Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hombre (1967)

I realize that you have seen this movie, but I just wanted to throw my two cents into the conversation. Paul Newman was fabulous in this roll; he was able to portray his character through a lot of long stares and no dialogue. The roll was made for him. It felt as though he was the only real actor int he show and everyone else was just moving around him. That is not to take away from the others in the show, but for me he was the show. Not unlike other films from this time period, I did not like how the show ended because it was not happy. Yes, I am a sucker for happy endings, but during this period it was not the style. I would give this movie a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

I am glad you liked the film. I have read a lot about all of P. Newman's films. For Hombre he spent 2 weeks in Mexico watching people as he was preparing his role. He found a man who was sitting at a gas station and the man didn't move for an hour. He incorporated that type of personality into his Hombre role and I am glad you caugh onto that becaue I also liked his character.