Saturday, January 21, 2012

Impact (1949)

What a fantastic movie. This is what I love more than anything... making my way through a few noir films and then hitting the jackpot once in awhile. A 4 star mystery which kept my interest until the end.

Actress Helen Walker was all but blacklisted by Hollywood in 1947 after being acquitted for driving drunk and killing 2 of 3 passengers in her car on new years eve- and the men who died happened to be WW2 heroes. This movie Impact was her attempt at getting back on the big screen.

Great acting by Helen Walker, Brian Donlevy and the beautiful Ella Raines. This was my first Raines movie but will not be my last. I could not find a trailer for this one.

Donlevy plays Walter Williams a successful businessman who loves his wife more than anything. His wife however does not return the sentiments. Her plot is to have her husband killed so she can run off with her lover. Many twists and turns and just a fun movie altogether.

No comments: