Sunday, December 25, 2011

My Favorite Wife (1940)

Irenne Dunn and Cary Grant starred in 3 movies together, this is the first one I have seen. It is a romantic comedy in which my wife gave it 4 stars and I gave it 2.5 stars. Grant plays Mr. Nick Arden. Mr. Arden lost his wife at sea 7 years ago, or so he thought. On the day he marries his new wife (Bianca Bates played by Gail Patrick) he finds out his first wife is not dead after all. The first wife (Dunn) is Mrs. Ellen Arden and she was shipwrecked on an island for 7 years with a very handsome man.

The movie is fun but predictable. Mr. Arden must decide for himself which lady to stay with and whether to believe his first wife that she and Mr. Handsome didn't do anything wrong on the island together for 7 years!

1 comment:

Adam Pfaff said...

This sounds like a fun movie that I would like to check out. It would give me a needed respite from James Bond.