Monday, December 12, 2011

2 movies I couldn't handle

I am exploring which play I want to try out for in 2012 at Centerpointe theatre in Centerville, so I ordered Little Women (1994) and The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982) off of netflix to see if I like any of these stories.

I made it 1 hour into Little Women and I just couldn't handle how boring it was. I can't believe this is a top selling novel that has transcended generations of time. Susan Surrandon, Kristen Dunst, Clara Daines, Wyonna Rider, and Christain Bale do an okay job but the story is just drab.

I also only made it 1 hour into "That Touch of Mink" a 1962 romantic comedy starring Cary Grant and Doris Day. After 30 min I was looking for anything sharp in the room so that I could take that object and either poke my eye with it or slash my wrist. Horrible acting. Horrible script. Horrible editing. My goodness people.

No comments: