Tuesday, November 15, 2011

X-Men: First Class (2011)

Yet another Marvel Comic Book that has been brought to life by real actors.  James MaAvoy played a young Charles Xavier, while Michael Fassbender played Magneto.  Charles came from American weather and experience while on the other hand Magneto was born and raised in the ghettos of Poland.  Magneto gained his hatred from the hands of evil Nazis; Charles gained his love and patience from Oxford University.
Neither man knew that the other existed, or that there were other mutants but when the US government needed help it became apparent that they were not alone.  Almost single handedly they stopped the Cuban Missile Crisis, and WWIII.  I was pleasantly surprised to see Kevin Bacon playing the Nazi villain; but mostly I loved learning the back story of many of the more popular mutants and X-men.
I have said it before, but I do love to watch these comic book movies and this was probably one of the best I have seen in a long time.  Watch for a brief cameo by Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.  4 stars for me.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

I am not a marvel comic fan and have a hard time getting into these kinds of movies.