Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Majestic (2001)

Just to be up front, I am not a Jim Carrey fan; I have enjoyed some of his crazier movies, but overall I am not a fan of his untamed behaviors and portrayals on the screen.  This movie changed my perception on him.  The film is set during the 1951 inquisition of the Hollywood scene, clamming they were all communists.  Peter Appleton (Carrey) is no exception.  After he gets blacklisted, he goes for a ride, gets in a car wreck and gets amnesia.
He stumbles into a quiet little town in California and begins to change the town and it people.  I do not want to say too much as to give away the whole story, but I adore this movie and everything it stood for.  Jim Carrey was completely under control and well acted.  Is this the greatest movie ever made?  No, but I will watch it again when the opportunity arises 4.5 out of 5.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHZldxzY1h0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHZldxzY1h0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

As you know this is on my top 100 list. I am not sure if that is why you watched it or not.