Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Conspirator - 2010

There are a lot of things that make me want to root for this film.

1. I believe that the American Film Company was started by Redford, but I could be wrong. Either way it is not one of the big ones, and I love to cheer on the underdog. With a limited budget they were able to pull off a very realistic time piece film.

2. The costumes and props were excellent. I loved the courtroom and how they had light coming through the windows showing dust and dirt in the air. I loved the shots of the towns and seeing what they would look like in the 1860's.

3. Although I liked the actors I had the same problem you did- Robin Wright, Kevin Kline, Tom Wilkinson, Justin Long, and James McAvoy all were very familiar faces and as I was watching the movie I pictured them in other movies which was distracting.

4. I loved the last scene- they really did a nice job setting up the ending of the movie.

I give it 4 solid stars but this will not by on my top 100. I know it made yours and thank you for recommending this movie to me, I really enjoyed it. I think Redford was teaching us more than just what happened to Lincoln. the message to me was loud and clear- when the government wants something they make sure they get it.

No comments: