Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Why Soylent Green Sucked.

  1. The story took place in 2022, but it felt like they were stuck in the year 1977.  Be creative, use a little imagination to try and make it feel like it is in the future.  Even 2001 A Space Odyssey tried with their space crafts; granted they still had phone operators, but at least they tried.
  2. Where are all the children?  There are over 40 million people in New York alone, but there are no children.  I can understand how they would not be able to procreate since they were stacked on top of each other on stair ways.
  3. Did no one care about their relatives?  If a giant front loader truck came along and scooped up your family member and you never heard from them again wouldn't you begin to worry?
  4. Why all the pollution?  People were not driving cars, they were just wandering around like zombies.
  5. Why all the rationing?  People are born and people die, there is no over populating of the plant.  I think I am being too harsh on this because that was a common fear during the era of the film production.
  6. Charlton Heston?  Really?  Was Clint Eastwood too busy making Every Which Way But Loose?
  7. People had the option to remove themselves from this miserable existence but they chose not too?  What?  I would march myself right up to the giant Colosseum and commit suicide?  In 1977 did they really think that this was going to be a norm for 2022?  I mean that is just nine years away for us.  Frankly, I do not think our children's future is going to be that much more different from our current lives.
  8. Did innovation and creativity cease?  The humans just turned into zombies.
  9. Why was everyone wearing the same clothing?
  10. You cannot convince me that Heston had not tasted strawberries, but he had tasted Brandy.  If you were to take this movie back forty-five years from 2022, it would have put his birth in 1977 and they were not having these problems back then.
This movie deserves a Mystery Science Theater treatment.  LAME, LAME, LAME.  Next time you tell me not to watch a movie, try and convince me better.  This movie sucked rocks!!!

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

Dude this movie is not even worth you taking your time to analyze it. I tried to tell you how stupid it was and you still watched it. That made my day reading the blog thanks.