Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)

High school was bad enough to live through the first time, I am not sure why I inflicted myself with the emotional drain of it again by watching this movie.  For a brief period of the 7th and 8th grades I was the poster child of being wallflower.  We follow a young Charlie as he enters high school and struggles with feeling welcome in the mainstream of students.  He is befriended by two seniors that make him feel valued.  We follow their antics and growing pains throughout the year, and are introduced to periods in Charlies life that have led him to be the young man that he is today.  This movie has funny, sad, poignant, and emotionally shocking moments in it, but I am not sure that I would recommend it because I do not know that many people would want to inflict this emotional roller coaster on themselves one more time in life. I am still percolating on if I liked this show or not.

No comments: