Saturday, April 6, 2013

GI Joe: Retaliation (2013)

As a young boy I spent many hours, and days playing war in the neighborhood.  We would run around through all of the yards jumping fencing, digging holes to hide in, it was a magical time of imagination.  When we weren't playing war, we were playing with our GI Joe figures or little green army men; as maturity began to dwindle away the innocence of imagination we began to put fire crackers on those toys and would blow them into non-existence.  However, before that destructive time, the story lines that we would create for our play were corny, yet as manly as we could make them.  Sitting through this movie I felt as though I was reliving some of those story lines, but frankly I wanted so much more from a multi-million dollar production.  The screenplay was awful, and I felt sick to my stomach that they didn't take the opportunity early in the film to kill all of the Joe's and put all of us out of our misery.  It felt as though a nine year old group of boys wrote the storyline and the script, I have never felt like asking for my money back for a movie, but I have lost over two hours of my life to this mindless show that will never again be available to me.  Awful, doesn't even begin to explain this movie, how about predictable, tedious, tired, lame, worthless...On the other hand there was enough eye-candy to satisfy my wife's desires to see this wretched piece of trash again.  Flat out turkey of a movie, booooooooooooo!!!  (to which my wife just says YUUUUMMMMMMMMM)

No comments: