Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kiss Them For Me - 1957

I am a sucker for bad Cary Grant films. I just love his deadpan deliveries- this film is no exception to the others I have seen. Poor script- but a great actor in Grant. 2 stars. This was my first Suzy Parker and Jayne Mansfield movie. Loved the former, didn't care for the latter. Mansfield is famous as the MM look alike. All I got from her was an actress trying to be MM- yes she looked like her and had the same figure, but stop trying to be someone else. Her life ended tragically at age 34 in a car wreck. Parker was a good actress and played well with Cary Grant. Some of my favorite lines from the movie- Do you love me Crewson? (Grant) I do, I love you. What kind of Love? (Grant) All kinds- sacred and profane Grant- That's the stuff. True love almost always fades, but money stays green forever. I don't get it. You don't resist and you don't cooperate. That's because I don't want you to kiss me, and I don't want you not to kiss me either. Does that make sense? No. Isn't it puzzling and confusing? Yes. Shall we just leave it that way then? Alright. Alright.- Grant/Parker

No comments: