Wednesday, January 23, 2013

12 Angry Men (1957)

Stunningly spectacular film for the ages which has found a place on my top 100 list.  I am not a Henry Fonda fan by any stretch if the imagination, but I felt that this was a good role for him to play.  This theme has been played out in many mediums since its release, and I can see why.  This film had a solid message of not going into situations with pre-conceived notions of what the results should be.  I loved the cinematography, the script, and especially how the characters did not have names.  What I also found fascinating was the fact that we did not see any of the case that was presented to the jurors, instead the story was told through their rehashing of the details of the case...BRILLIANT!!!!

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

This movie has always been on my list I first saw it when I was in high school. I have seen it about 5 times.