Thursday, February 24, 2011

Niagara (1953)

I can't figure out why Marilyn Monroe's movies always come in under my expectation level. Is it because I hear so much about her that it will always be a let down? Is it because her acting ability is overshadowed by her amazing figure? (which is why she is famous) I have watched 5 Marilyn Monroe movies now and I will give all of them 3 stars except for Some Like it Hot which I give 4 stars too. Nothing amazing, nothing too horrible about her movies. The 5 movies of hers I have watched are.... River of No Return, Niagara, How to Marry a Millionaire, All About Eve (this one doesn't count, she has a small role), and Some Like it Hot. Maybe I am not watching the right MM movies to really see why she is such an amazing actress.

1 comment:

Adam Pfaff said...

The only thing she has going for me is her looks...she cannot act!!!

Now that I think about it she is only good looking until she opens her mouth to speak.