Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Once Upon a Time in the West

I am so glad you blogged about this movie- it gets 5 stars from me. I loved everything about it. The style the director took was magnificent- slow moving and long pauses on the actors faces. Charles Bronson looks like a skin cancer advertisement- he is bronzed over and looks like a weathered tough guy. Henry Fonda was great. Jason Robards is fantastic in every movie I have ever seen of his and Claudia Cardinale is just drop dead gorgeous. What a wonderful movie, I will watch it again. I was left guessing right up until the end. I had no idea that Jason Robards had been shot in the stomach until the end of the movie. I fast forwarded the love scene with Fonda and Cardinale cause I had kids in the room, so I couldn't tell if it was mutual or if he was raping her. What a great western, I can't believe I had never seen it.

No comments: