Monday, December 10, 2012

Black Narcisus (1947)

Generally, I do not like to judge a movie by it's cover but for this one I did.  The cover art was haunting, I mean a nun ringing a bell 9000 feet up on the side of a mountain, boy I was hooked...I wish I hadn't.  This movie was awful from the word go.  Every once and a while they would go back to the imagery of that nun ringing the bell and I would get sucked in again.

A small group of young nuns is sent out to establish a school and hospital in this old abandoned castle for the local villagers.  The castle is on the side of a mountain some 9000 feet up and it is constantly windy up there.  Mr. Dean is the local Englishman who has been asked to be their handyman, but the nuns nor Mr. Deam can tolerate each other.  To make a long story short two of the nuns fall for Mr. Dean, and one actually falls from the bell cliff for him.

Dumb movie!!

Black Narcissus Poster

No comments: