Monday, November 5, 2012

His Girl Friday - 1940

Cary Grant Movie number #23 turns out to be Solid Gold! 5 stars!!! Made it on my top 100 list- yeah. This movie is based off the play "The Front Page". I had seen the 1974 adaption with Jack Lemmon, Walter Mathua, & Carol Burnett. That movie can't compare to this one. Grant and Rosalind Russell are incredible. This is a great fast talking, cut throat, dog eat dog enviornment type of show. The humor is off the charts. The sparring between Grant and Russell equals any type of sibling or love quarell ever seen on the big screen. I loved this show. Awesome. I can't wait to watch it again. According to IMDB this play has made it to the big screen 4 times but this is the best version. I had to rewind it a few times to catch some of the funny one liners. I found this movie on youtube under movies under free movies. What a fun show.

1 comment:

Adam Pfaff said...

I felt that this version was less gritty than the LEmon/Mathau remake. I too felt that the bantering was incredible.