Thursday, July 12, 2012

Leave Her To Heaven - 1946

I added this gem because it had Gene Tierney in it and it was nominated for 4 Oscars. About 20 min in I thought- wow what a boring movie but my goodness the cinematography is outstanding, and not only was it a 1946 movie in color- it was the colors they used, and the backdrops of the trees in Maine, and lakes, oh my goodness it was incredible. Then after the movie I start reading about the show and realize the 1 Oscar that came out of this movie was the Cinematography! Hollywood got that one right. Luckily the movie got a lot better and ended up being a solid 4 stars for me. Some thrillers are gorey, others graphic, creepy, etc. This one is just plain eerie. It stays with you, sort of like a Hitchcock. Great music. Incredible acting by Tierney, and just leaves you feelig icky. As one tag line reads- Of all the deadly sins jealousy is the worst. I do recommend this movie. The scene of Teirney out on the lake with her husband Richard Harland's brother is one for the ages. Well done. Bravo.

No comments: