Monday, September 5, 2011

Funny Girl (1968)

Barbara Streisand plays the energetic young Jewish woman Fanny Brice who is very egger to break into show business. Through her antics she gets noticed by a young gambler Nick Arnstein, played by Omar Sharif. Arnstein introduces Brice to Florenz Ziegfeld and in time she gets a roll in the coveted Ziegfeld Follies. Overtime they fall in love, and the show goes downhill from there.
Yes this movie has some memorable songs such as, People, and Don’t Rain on My Parade. There is a memorable line, “Hello Gorgeous,” but the title of the film is misleading do to the lack of funny scenarios. Of course there are a few funny lines or shots, but as a whole the movie is unmemorable and very forgettable. I will never waste my time with this show again.

She won an Oscar for this? Yuck!

Watch the trailer, it is the best of the movie.

1 comment:

Ryan Lambert said...

I had this on my instant queue and took it off after I read mixed reviews. I am so glad you watched it instead of me! I am not going to waste my time on this crap. The trailer didn't even look good enough to want to watch it!